Sunday 11 November 2012

To long for Christmas

Couldn't resist these little cuties in Sainsburys(!) - the little reindeer found its way home last time we went shopping, and now we decided that the little one needed a Mum/Dad. Might change the gingham ribbon to a white one but will have plenty of time before Christmas to decide. I have already now started to check out our "Christmas stock" to ensure we have got everything we need. This year we'll celebrate Christmas in London; we tend to alter between London, Sweden and Portugal.
 
I have always loved Christmas, and the time leading up to it. As a child I was obsessed with Christmas (my brother and I even had a Christmas Club located in one our wardrobes - more to explore on that one). One Christmas my parents had to follow Astrid Lindgren's Christmas in the Noisy Village by the book, literally. The "Bullerby Christmas" was my ideal Christmas. For example,  the Christmas tree had to be decorated by my parents, so when I came down in my nightgown on the morning of Christmas eve (in Sweden this is the big day) the tree would be ready in all its glory. We didn't do that again as I missed decorating the tree...and hiding my brother's ugly homemade stuff as low down as possible.
 
Only about 6 weeks to go. And I still have the book. It was, and still is, very loved.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment