Tuesday 13 November 2012

To feel a bit British

At this time in November, not only is it bonfire night and fireworks, or Diwali (which M has been talking about all week as it's the theme of the week at school) , it's also the time when you see a lot of people wearing a red poppy on their lapels. It took me a few years before I felt British enough to sport one as well.

Most of them are made of paper which you fasten with a needle which I tend to drop after just a few days. But this year I found a knitted version, as a brooch. The the sweet elderly man who sold it to me said his wife had made it.  And very environmentally friendly too as I can now wear it year after year. Perhaps not so good for the fundraising, even though I'm sure I will spare  a few pounds next year as well, to feel a bit British. And for the good cause, naturally.

No comments:

Post a Comment