Saturday 17 November 2012

To have a day full of play

Yesterday, after school we invited a friend (same school, different site and an "old" nursery friend which we just reconnected with) and her mum to our house for play and Swedish waffles. Eliza's mum works with conservation of listed buildings so for someone like me, with an interest in history, ethnology, and art/architecture we shared a lot of interests. We both got very excited about Dr Lucy Worsley and her domestic history series...Luckily the little girls got on really well too.

And today we had two play dates; one Swedish mum and her daughter I just got to know (Internet forums are a wonderful thing sometimes) came around and had coffee at ours and then went to the park for a walk and some (big) leaf picking.

In the afternoon we were invited to another friend's house; someone I saw a lot of when we're on maternity leave and got to know then but haven't met up with for two years(!). The girls played really well and we had a lovely time. I was finally introduced to her husband, who's Swedish, and his dad who was also visiting - and happened to have worked as surgeon at my old local hospital back in Sweden. It's a small world. We're now planning to have a Swedish mulled wine Christmas party which I'm looking forward too. If I'm really lucky my husband will agree to go to IKEA tonight so I can get some gingerbread snaps (pepparkakor) to help me get into the mood.









2 comments:

  1. Hej vännen! Det går ju hur bra som helst det här! Fin header du har gjort också, och så kul att läsa om er vardag. Saknar dig så mycket! Kramar från Hanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tack fina du! Det ar ju roligt det har, fast borde val ta tag i bildkvaliteten - a andra sidan, det ar ju en "vardagsblogg on the go" :-)

    ReplyDelete