Wednesday 21 November 2012

To let the right light in

More light in the house in an attempt to chase away the November gloom. Found this lovely string of light which brightens up the bed room including my wedding veil and my first pair of shoes. I discovered that the bird cage is perfect as a lamp. Before I only stored empty wallets and jewellery boxes inside, not as pretty.

And hold on,  we have even decorated the Christmas tree(!),  it's us and the High Street now.  Not ready to share a picture just yet. It's a mixture of 1950's style baubles and bright pink reindeers (daughter's choice) so will take some time to get used to.  It is extremely early indeed but we can enjoy it for longer and now we're all prepared for the pre-Christmas celebration a la Swedish style next weekend.

But I've mainly been talking about artificial lights and candles, and cheerful and pretty as they are, what  really cheers me up is having close family and friends around me when things feel a bit dark and it's not only because it happens to be November. For that I'm always grateful and it's always added to my "10-a-day grateful list". It's high up there with Christmas trees and candles.

PS. If you're not doing it already - be grateful for 10 things everyday (even if it's only for that you don't have to shave your toes)  and things will certainly feel a little bit brighter, with or without candles.


No comments:

Post a Comment