Monday 3 December 2012

To welcome Advent

First of Advent passed by and it had a multicultural flavour to it. We had a busy weekend having a Portuguese family dinner at a Brazilian restaurant (one of the best things with London - you don't have to go all the way to Brazil to experience Brazil...even though I would love to go as we have family there and husband was born in Sao Paolo), catching up with some old friends from Stockholm who were visiting London and that I hadn't seen for 6 years(!) and Christmas gift shopping.

I didn't have a chance to finish off decorating the Swedish style "advent candle holder" as I had planned nor did any saffron bun baking take place so will have to leave that till end of the week. The tree has however been updated with Disney Princess baubles and I think we need to get a Tinkerbell fairy for the tree top instead of a star as I gave up and gave in to Disney. Disney on Ice is also booked and Santa has arranged a BIG gift from the Disney store for a certain little lady - can't wait till she sees it. Who would have thought that I would get all Disneyfied.

Happy Advent - countdown to Christmas has started.

 

The somewhat empty advent candle holder...



A certain lady who's already very excited about Christmas.


 
A Brazilian meat feast for the others whilst I had a rather large fish.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment