Monday 10 December 2012

To do a bit of a Christmas shopping

It was only one gift missing (for now) and as they need to be posted to Sweden very soon off I went after work and to my favourite shopping street,  Marylebone High Street. It was all lovely and Christmassy and it's never too crowded.  I didn't have much time so had to contain myself and only visited one shop. Well done me. I then walked down to St Christopher's place and got the bus from outside Selfridges, another favourite, all covered in beautiful lights. Even on a Monday night Oxford Street was full of Christmas shoppers and I certainly didn't feel lonely.

Note to self: get a proper but "slim" camera,  we do have one but it's just too big to carry around and I would have wanted to show you a lot more Christmas sparkle this evening.

Back to reality and the real glam chores: since I got home I have washed clothes, sorted clothes, changed the bed linen and still have some stuff to do. But  "Inside Claridge's" is now on at the BBC so it might have to wait. Tea and saffron buns are beckoning too. Now, where is my staff?


One of my favourite shops for gifts and for a bit of cheering up, Cath Kidston. Some dots and roses can never go wrong (as long as it's not too much).



Who will be the lucky one?



Hello Kitty goes posh, Liberty and now Brora.



A snap shot of Marylebone High Street - not the best view admittedly as felt a bit silly taking photos with my iphone. I could have been taken for a tourist and who cares, this is London after all. Better get over it as it's actually quite fun to be a tourist in your own city.



No comments:

Post a Comment