Saturday 12 January 2013

To have plans

M is back at school, and even after a few days of "I don't want to go back to school (she loved the Christmas and the holidays...) on Tuesday morning she stated that school was indeed fun "phew" and there were no tears.

I asked M the other day what she would wants to do when she grows up. She responded with the following "stitch clothes (great, that's creative, a budding designer perhaps), reading lots of book (as a book lover, that pleased my ears) and drink wine (oops, not sure where she got this from but perhaps when we enjoy a glass of good wine we should not mention it loudly...however a "sommelier" has probably lots of fun too).

So what do I want to be when I grow up? Could it be that as the big 40 is coming closer that I feel that a change is in order? It is the year 2013 after all and the world did not go under so here is hope. I have some plans and feel quite excited about it but can't share it just yet. Just need to embrace change and be positive.

At the moment all I'm thinking of is the big 40 in June and I sent out the party invites on Facebook yesterday. A proper one will follow but wanted to get the date in the diaries as soon as possible in case friends need to travel etc. The theme? Fab 40's of course so bring on the Victoria rolls and tea dresses. Can't wait to dress up a la Rita Hayworth, Lauren Bacall or Paloma Faith.

We also booked a trip to Gothenburg in February, when M is off school,  and we're going to stay with my brother's family and meet up with my parents, can't wait. M is really looking forward to see her cousins and grandparents again. Another thing to look forward to. I have feeling 2013 will be a good year, a very good year.

Fab 40s

No comments:

Post a Comment