Thursday 7 March 2013

To celebrate the love of books

Today was the day when the school uniform was swapped for "a favourite book character outfit" as it was the World Book Day.  No surprises here, it was a tough choice between the Ariel and the Rapunzel dress, and Rapunzel won in the end. The children got to school all dressed up and so were the teachers - it really put a smile on my face this grey March morning. And what's not to like with celebrating books and the stories. Even though there are more to books than princesses, the Rapunzel story (Persian as well as a German fairy tale) and the Little Mermaid story (H.C. Andersen) have been around for quite some time, before they got "Disneyfied".

I hope M will have the same love for books, and reading as I have. I remember that one of my favourite things was to go to the local library to chose new books. I could read for hours and hours, and still can. Reading is something I have never let go of even if the subjects and interests keep changing. The concept of a book is just fantastic, such a "simple" design yet a lot of work behind it and it's something that can just shift/change your emotions completely or perhaps even change your life. Or just entertain for the moment, and give momentary joy. Books and the written word (whether it's virtual or on paper),must be the best around. Yes, I'm quite passionate about reading and books. What's not to love.






No comments:

Post a Comment